Monday, September 12, 2011

The Joys of Adulthood

Being an adult is not all it's cracked up to be. Things like cars have to work their way into the budget, and things like eyelash extensions have to work their way out:(

It's been a rough 4 days to say the least.
The fact that I wrecked my car has been SO stressful.
It has been in the shop for the past few days while they look at it and decide whether it's fixable or completely totalled. If it's fixable, they will get right to work on fixing it which will still take plenty of time seeing as it's pretty darn beat up. If it's totalled (my guess being that it is), then I have to find out how to get a loan so I can buy myself a car....or something super adult like that. Either way I am stuck for a little bit.

Why is not having a car such a big deal you ask?....

Because I work doing home health care...going to different patients' houses and taking care of them. A job that definitely requires a car.

My sweet brother and sister in law have an old Subaru that they said I could borrow. (seriously they are the best)...The only problem is that it's a stick shift, and for the past two years I have been driving an automatic. I have never taken the time to learn to drive a stick; I have never needed to, nor had anyone to teach me. So, my Sunday has consisted of me trying to learn how to drive. It's hard. Props to all of you who drive sticks. I am not that bad at it, but I am not great. Just when I think I am getting it, I stall the dang car. I ended the night a little aggravated and discouraged. I know it will all work out one way or another, it's just frustrating

I MISS MY CAR.
The car I was so comfortable driving.

However, I am so thankful for my brother and sister-in-law, and the rest of my family for helping me out.
And for Steph because she has been driving me around all weekend.

Things happen for a reason though right? I am sure I have plenty of little lessons to learn from this one.
.....As for Will Smith (my car), I will keep you posted on whether or not he can be saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment